After the Gateway GPS Camp, more than 120 children, youth and parents from more than 15 nations stayed and joined our Hong Kong Outreach, including two teams from Mainland China, King's Kids El Paso (USA), King's Kids Argentina, the Gateway Celebration Team and many more.
Several months ago God spoke to us about doing this outreach and to focus on the Tuen Mun, Yueng Long and Tin Shui Wai districts. Our main desire was to join God in what He is doing in this region of Hong Kong.
It was really amazing as we prayed for these impressions how the Lord connected us with several local churches from those districts who were very excited about this outreach and the opportunity to partner with all these international teams.
During these two days we split into different teams and went to five different outreach locations everyday, including:
- An elderly home
- A Mentally Handicapped Center
- Prayer walks in Tuen Mun and Tin Shui Wai (Ping Shan and Hau Tsuen heritage path)
- Performing arts Outreaches in Tin Shui Wai Park, TSW MTR Station, Yueng Long Wet Market and Yueng Long Park.
- Community service in the Crossroads foundation.
- Street Evangelism to Mainland tourists in Tsim Sha Tsui
Many people heard the Gospel and accepted Jesus in their hearts. But also we are very excited to see the fruit in the hearts of the participating teams. For many of them this was the very first opportunity they had to be involved in an open evangelism environment type of outreach. We are also very thankful for the growing partnerships with the local churches from these districts.